Helplines and services available
YoungMinds Parents Helpline
- Our Parents Helpline is available to offer advice to parents and carers worried about a child or young person under 25.
- Our trained advisers are here to give you help and advice, whatever the question.
- Call for free on 0808 802 5544 from Mon-Fri, 9:30am - 4pm.
- You can also use our email service at any time.
- Practical advice and information for anybody affected by anxiety, stress and/or anxiety based depression – as well as for their parents, family and friends.
- In response to Coronavirus, they are extending their Infoline hours to support as many people as possible.
- Now open Monday-Friday 9.30am-5pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-8pm.
- Phone: 0344 477 5774
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: 07537 416 905
- Live Chat available during office hours via the website
- You can join #Coronanxiety webinars and support groups, including around topics such as OCD, uncertainty and claustrophobia, at www.anxietyuk.org.uk/coronanxiety-support-resources.
- You can find information for young people about coronavirus and ideas for things to do while staying home on their website.
- The Mix’s emotional support services are open as normal – and if you’re under 25 you can talk to them about anything that’s troubling you over the phone, email or webchat. You can also use their phone or online counselling service.
- Helpline open daily 4-11pm: 0808 808 4994
- Email service
- Webchat open daily 4-11pm
- Counselling service
National Autistic Society
- You can find information about coronavirus on the website – and look out for more ideas and suggestions for supporting someone with autism around routine change, anxiety and sensory issues such as hand washing over the coming weeks.
- You can also contact their Helpline for information and advice. Open Monday-Thursday 10am-4pm and Fridays 9am-3pm.
- Phone: 0808 800 4104
Beat Eating Disorders
- Information on Coronavirus, your child’s treatment and changes to food routines at www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/coronavirus.
- Their Helplines are open 365 days a year from 12-8pm on weekdays, and from 4-8pm on weekends and bank holidays.
- Adultline (for over 18s, including carers and professionals): 0808 801 0677
- Youthline (for under 18s): 0808 801 0711
- Studentline (for all students): 0808 801 0811
- 1:1 online chat open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 12-8pm, and on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 4-8pm
- Email for adults: email@example.com
- Email for young people: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email for students: email@example.com
- Coronavirus information page including temporary changes to the Mental Health Act, advice for carers looking after those with severe mental health problems and information on self-care
- Guidance on what support is available to carers during the coronavirus pandemic, with lots of relevant links
- Advice on coronavirus and housing, including information on evictions, mortgages, rent, benefits and landlords