What is the Pupil Premium Grant?
The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals; those looked after by the local authority and the children of armed service personnel.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received and how this is being used.
How is the Pupil Premium Grant used at Burley Primary School?
- To provide short term intervention programmes for underachieving pupils (including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) to accelerate levels of progress where necessary
- To provide Emotional Literacy Support for those children who find it difficult to access learning as they have emotional and social issues that act as a barrier to learning. The aim of this intervention is to raise self esteem, confidence and provide nurturing
- To support inclusion and equality opportunities so that these pupils can access after school activities and residential opportunities
- To provide professional development to all staff to ensure that all children make rapid progress and to ensure that appropriate targets are in place for all vulnerable children.
- To provide additional resources for vulnerable groups to support their learning and emotional needs